As is my stated goal with this site, I’m going to writing a set of tutorials and information pieces which show how I have set up the server running this website. It’ll cover the technologies behind each stage, the reasoning as to why I chose the tools used and the benefits over the ‘normal’ way for each.
This’ll cover pretty much everything from provisioning of the hardware right through to how best to optimize assets for the front-end. The list of tutorials below doesn’t necessarily mean that I’ve actually implemented them yet, but it’s a guide for me to what I need to do 🙂
Everything is done using a DigitalOcean droplet.
- Setting up WordPress multisite (sub-domain install) as a dependency in a composer setup (directory setup and wp-config.php changes)
- Setting up nginx for a WordPress multisite (sub-domain install) with a non-standard directory structure
- Creating a deployment script to use capistsano to deploy WordPress and run composer
- Setting up Satis to manage custom dependencies in composer for private WordPress themes and plugins
- Handling WordPress MU plugins in composer
- Installing memcached for WordPress on Ubuntu 14.04
- Installing Oh-My-ZSH on Ubuntu
Hopefully these tutorials will help somebody else out – that being said I’m writing them as a guide/reminder to myself as to how I’ve set things up 🙂